Groups and Classes
This ongoing group is especially designed for women who are preparing to give birth. Help prepare yourself for the normal changes that occur during pregnancy and after delivery. Join other women in sharing your expectations and concerns as you make the journey toward motherhood. Discussion topics include:
- Fact or fiction? What can I really expect to feel during pregnancy and after delivery? Dispelling myths.
- What can we expect from each other? Looking at the marital relationship and how it changes as you move toward parenthood.
- Making a plan to take care of yourself. Building support systems and ways to get your needs met.
- Creating a birth plan.
- What is this thing called postpartum depression? How do I know if I am at risk and how to REDUCE MY RISK if I am.
Classes meet at:
13743 Riverside Drive Sherman Oaks.
For more information, please call (818) 887-1312.
This one evening class for expectant mothers AND fathers focuses on the issues that will arise during the first year after delivery. Learn what to expect and how to prepare.
- Fact or fiction? What can I really expect to feel during the first year after my baby is born? Dispelling the myths.
- What can I expect from my baby during the first year? Exploring infant development.
- What can we expect from each other? Looking at the marital relationship and how it changes after the birth of a baby.
- Making a plan to take care of yourself. Building your support systems and helping the new Mom get her needs met.
- What is this thing called Postpartum Depression? How do I know if I have it or I’m at risk? Discussion of the physiological, psychological and environmental circumstances which predispose a woman to this type of depression. HOW TO REDUCE YOUR RISK!
Classes held at:
Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital in Valencia, CA
For current schedule and times please see the Community Calendar or call 661 253-8000
All classes held from 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM. Please call (818) 708-5598 for registration.
This on-going drop-in group is especially designed for women who have given birth. New moms who are anywhere between one and 12 months postpartum are welcome. We invite all babies to join us. This class provides a safe forum for you to begin to talk about some of the dramatic changes you are experiencing as you make this transition from womanhood to motherhood. Discussion topics include:
- Mobilizing resources for support
- The necessity of self-care
- The developing attachment relationship between you and your baby
- Motherhood and your changing identity
- Normal and not-so-normal mood changes during the first year postpartum
Classes meet on Thursdays from 11am-12pm at Bini Birth
Bini Birth, which is located at 13743 Riverside Drive, Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
For more information, and group costs, please contact Dr. Diana Lynn Barnes at (818) 887-1312 or via email, email@example.com